Sunday 6 April 2014

Revelation: Having a Hangover is Basically Just Being Really, Really Tired

So apparently I should be relaxing and not overdoing it now that I am pregnant.

I also shouldn't be crossing my legs, as one person usefully reminded me, as I may "crush the baby."

I now feel infinitely guilty about all the times I have crossed my legs.

Also I must look massive, as at a friend's wedding on Friday, someone looked at me and asked "is there a midwife in the building?"  I should hope I don't need one at this stage, or we're in for a very long stay in the neonatal unit at best.

Anyway, at the aforementioned wedding I was delighted that I managed to stay up until 1am two nights in a row, AND dance to a great many tunes, feeling almost normal.  Until, that is, I went to bed and had to get up again within half an hour to be violently sick.

This is it, I thought.  I've got food poisoning.  I've got listeria.  OH MY GOD THE BABY IS GOING TO DIE!  Fortunately I was only sick the once, which I quickly decided ruled out food poisoning.  So the moral of the story is, a) don't stay up late and b) don't act as if you are not six months pregnant: i.e. by jumping up and down repeatedly and punching the air to the strains of Set You Free by N-Trance (what a tune.  It just doesn't age, that one).  If there's one thing I've learned from being pregnant, it's that sometimes you don't need to drink to develop the signs of a hangover, which I'm pretty sure I had the next day, although mercifully minus The Fear that comes upon realisation that you probably did something-or a great many things-that were bad the previous night.

Anyway, speaking of tiredness, it's now almost 9.15pm so definitely past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment